How are you really doing?
To be honest, the events of the past two weeks took a toll on us as a nation.
We all witnessed how the peaceful #ENDSARS protests against police brutality took a violent turn with the shooting of peaceful protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate which consequently resulted in loss of lives, violent attacks, and destruction of properties.
We hope you are safe, sane and recovering well.
To everyone who has suffered any loss in this season, we offer our deepest condolences.
To every business owner whose store was vandalised and looted this season, we have collated a list of organisations and individuals providing support to MSMEs in rebuilding their businesses:
- Naija Brand Chick – Kindly fill this form to access the funding.
- Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) – Kindly fill this form to access the funding.
- Legal Aid by Odujinrin and Adefulu Law Firm – The law firm has offered legal support to affected businesses by way of reviewing financial, tenancy or other business agreements. Kindly send a mail to [email protected]
- Access Bank – Access Bank has set aside a minimum of N50 Billion Naira interest-free loans and grants to support communities, youths and MSMEs. Details of how this loan can be accessed will be provided on Access Bank’s social media platforms.
- The Green Investment Club (TGIC) – TGIC is offering N1,000,000 monetary support to 10 small businesses in Lagos. Kindly fill this form to access the funding.
- Female Entrepreneur Support by Linda Ikeji – Linda Ikeji is supporting female entrepreneurs with small businesses that were vandalised. Kindly send an email to [email protected] with proof of what was destroyed and value of what was lost.
- Diary of a Naija Girl SME Support Funds – Kindly send a mail with a proof to [email protected] to access the funding.
- The Phoenix Support Fund powered by AGS tribe and Diatom Impact – This initiative is giving up to N500,000 each to business owners. The funds can be accessed here and the following must be provided to access the funds:
- Proof of residence (utility bill)
- Financial documents including bank statements, tax filing, management accounts or audited financials.
- Company documents – CAC registration
- Business Owner’s I.D card; Voters card, national I.D card or passport
- Evidence of damage – proof of damage to business/property or proof of revenue loss due to unrest.
- Style Me Africa (SMA) SME Support – SMA is providing financial and business support to businesses in the fashion industry, whose businesses were looted and vandalised. To apply for this support, send a DM to SMA on Instagram – @stylemeafrica
- First Bank Nigeria Support – If you are a First Bank customer, First Bank intends to support her customers by helping them this period. Fill this form to let them know how they can support you.
Kindly send the information to as many business owners that are in need of this information.
We encourage you to remain hopeful because you’ll definitely get through this season and you’ll come out stronger and better.